Friday, May 30, 2008

days filled with doctors

I've had 3 doctors appointments in the last 3 days, but unlike some people I feel better after my doctors appointments. I mean yeah I have to go to get more bloodwork done, and another scan, but this should be the last time and whether they find anything or not I'm ok with that, because I finally feel like they have checked everything. Maybe 3 months from now it will be like these last 8 months never happened at all. Atleast I pray it will be like that. Not that I want to ignore the hell I went through because you learn a lot from times like that, but I still want to get back to where I was.

Anyway we got our packets for the cruise today and it finally hit me how close it is and for the first time I started to feel a little nervous. I mean I have no money, what if I need a phone card to call someone, what if I need to get on the ship in 5 minutes and I don't have money for a taxi, and what if I find the most amazing bracelet ever and I can't buy it? Ok so that last one is not so important but you know when I was working I always kept $20 with me just in case and lately I haven't had that but I haven't gone anywhere either. It just gets me a little anxious to be in another country for the first time ever, one of them a 3rd world country and have nothing. I think it would make anyone a little nervous, but lucky for me I'm not to concerned about it because I will be with 24 relatives and as crazy as we all are, I don't think anyone is going to let the ship leave me stranded or not loan me $10 if I have to make an emergancy call home.

Its going to be a crazy two weeks getting everything put together for this trip and I am sure I will think of every problem imaginable but lucky for me I'm smart enough that I can also usually think of a solution to these problems.

I also applied for 4 jobs today. Fingers crossed that I'll hear from atleast one of them, and that they won't need me until after I'm back from the cruise. I actually had to write cover letters for some of these jobs, so I got to put that 4.0 I got in all my English classes to good use. Who knows if I hear from a job that had a cover letter requirement I may just have to realize that I shouldn't even take that job and find something where I can use that 4.0 (and it was out of 6 English classes) Anyway, it's late and I thought I was actually going to write tonight but all that has come out is random ramblings that are running through my head at the end of the day. Tomorrow is the weekend though and if tradition holds true I will be bored for about 60% of it so tomorrow I'll have to actually sit down and write somthing interesting and relavant. Until then I'll go speand some time reading someone else's relavant work until I follow asleep and maybe get inspired.

Today Quote:
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.Winstone Churchill

No comments: