Sunday, June 1, 2008

I don't like the news

I've decided that I don't like the news anymore. I used to be able to just ignore the bad stuff or say a little prayer when they would talk about wars, and murders and things like that, but now its gotten crazy. What is up with the guy who videotaped the alien, thats not news thats just creepy. Or about how the world is going to end in 2012 because thats when the Myan calander ends..... didn't we just go through that in 2000? What is the point of just scaring people I remember being terrified from ages 7-11 because I heard someone say that the world was going to end in 2002 standing in line for lunch. I mean no one wants to hear any of that stuff, and the people that do fine but I'm sure I'm not alone in not wanting to hear it. I consider anything I see on the news actual news. Reports that have been fact checked or at the very least is news that I wouldn't see in the national enquirerer (how do you spell that?) anyway when I see nat. enq. news on the actual news it makes me think hmm maybe this news has some merrit to it, maybe I should pay attention, but really its just them looking for viewers buy putting too much emphasis on weird stories. Anyway I just had to get that out because its been bothering me. Probably because I was a weird child who was afraid of 6 things, only one of which was normal for a kid..... 1. The Dark (normal right, just wait) 2. Balloons... I mean seriously those things scare people when they pop! 3. The end of the world..... what child should be thinking about the end of the world that much? 4. Aliens.... and not so much that they might be out there but that they are out there looking in my windows planning on kidnapping me 5. Rollercoasters which I could go into detail on but its just not worth it. and 6. Elevators fortunatly this fear has been changed into a fear of airplanes, I'm not sure why I became afraid of airplanes around the time I stopped being afraid of elevators but I'd much rather be afraid of eleveators, they are a lot less necessary in my life than airplanes.

Another thing that has been bothering me lately is the story that there is a fungus killing all the banana tree's. Thats right aparently there is no cure and banana's will be extinct some time in the next 5-30 years. Seriously that is the time table they give you 5 to 30 years. That is not helpful at all, and really with all we can do we can't make like a safe house on farms so they can grow banana's for us? I'm sure banana's will then cost about $1000 a piece when that happens but its better than loosing banana's completely. I personally eat one every night and am not looking forward to a day when there are no banana's.

I guess considering all I wrote before banana's are not really a big deal but I think they are. So like I said before my posts can be downers so I'm going to put a positive quote at the end.... lets see if I can find one about banana's....

Today's positive quote:
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said 'No, but I want a regular banana later, so... yeah.' Mitch Hedburg

How about that... I found one!

1 comment:

suzanne said...

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the ability to change the things I can
accept those I can't
and the ability to know the difference.
Will that help with some things in the world that are just beyond our control?
You've dealt with a lot and made it through.....
"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
Maybe we should have an overboard party on the ship and send all the 'troubles' into the sea!..:-)