Friday, June 13, 2008

my eyes hurt

I really think I might need glasses, everytime I read lately I feel like I am squinting, and I get lots of headaches around my eyes that are always better in the morning and worse at night. If I let my eyes rest out of focus the headache goes away too, but thats hard because my eyes always want to stay focused and everytime I blink they try to focus again.

Anyway theres not much I can do about it now, I'm in North Carolina and even if I wasn't I don't think my insurance will cover an eye doctor. I am writing on Friday this week instead on Sunday because I don't think I'll have internet on Sunday and I know I won't from Sunday night until the 22nd. I'll be on a boat and island hopping. I hope it will be fun but a lot of people seem to be offended that I am taking this cruise when I am not working. Except that I'm not paying for the cruise, it's a gift from my aunt and there will be 21 of us going. It's also not like I stopped working because I'm lazy, I couldn't work. Regardless tho I've gotten comments lately that are pretty much equal to dirty looks when they talk to me about my cruise. Some hide it better than others. I personally will be so proud of myself if I do well on this cruise. It will be a huge step for me getting better. The only problem is that I still have to set my alarm 1 time a night to take my pill, and on the trip I am sharing a room with my mom and I know it will drive her crazy when my alarm wakes us both up, but I really don't have a choice.... I can't wait to get the pills farther apart so I can take them at a same time everyday and not worry about taking them in the middle of the night, right now I am about a 1/2 hour away from doing that. But I'm sure that even though I will have no choice but to wake up and take the pill my mom will still get mad at me, and I guess I can't really blame her because I wouldn't like waking up in the middle of the night when I don't have to either.... but I really can't help it. I try to cover it up as much as I can. Last night I slept in the other room until I had to take it and then moved back to the room I shared with my mom, unfortunately tho the next pill I had to take in the morning woke her up and I still got in trouble. I don't know what I do tonight or on the cruise..... :( oh dear.

So tomorrow I am leaving on a 10 hour car ride. Which will probably end up being even longer because my uncle is driving and they plan on stopping a lot, we're going Raleigh to Port Canaveral and leaving at 8am.... he says we'll probably get there by atleast 10:30...... if your keeping track thats 14 1/2 hours for what I mapquested to take 9. Its going to be a long day. There is a DVD player in the van we rented though.... but we didn't know this until we got the van today so we had to go through my aunt and uncles dvd's all I found was madagascar.... my mom found the 9th season and the final episode of everybody loves Raymond.... I don't really like that show but I've got 8 books to read if I need to. But if my eyes keep acting like they do then I might get pretty uncomfortable. I used to love long drives... we used to drive from Cleveland to North Carolina every year.... and I drove cross country with my mom.... but like many things lately I just dont feel the same about drives that I used to. I actually would almost rather fly down than drive but thats ok.... if I was flying I would probably say that I would rather drive. I just really hope we don't have to listen to the news the whole way.

Along with headaches from my eyes I've always been getting these great shooting pains in my head behind my ears, It started 3 nights ago with sharp pains above my right ears that would last seconds but pretty much knock me over they hurt so bad.... today I have gotten a couple about my left ear. I'm wondering if it has somthing to do with my jaw muscle because I don't really understand why it would be on both sides and I would say that its all in my head.... because I'm sure thats what others will say but I know its not...so who knows.

I've decided this blog is good for me because it gives me a chance to complain about things that no one would ever listen to normally, and its always good to have a place to vent. I mean you have to get it out somewhere. I'm thinking maybe of starting a private blog or an anonnymous one and just complaining even more because I would like to talk about other things on here other than whats bothering me. But normally when I sit down to write thats the first thing on my mind.... well not really the first thing on my mind but the first thing I want to get out. Anyway.

I should probably go rest in the other bedroom so if I fall asleep before I have to take my medicine and my alarm goes off I dont wake up my mom because starting tomorrow at the hotel I'll have no choice unless I stay up all night. It could be the one thing that messes up the week.

So anyway. my headache is not getting any better sitting here staring at a stark white screen with a glare. lets find a fun quote about traveling today... or maybe about boats...

No one needs a vacation more than the person who just had one.Unknown

haha this will be me... I will need to go home and rest after my vacation, especially after ending my vacation with a flight and then having to fly again less than 2 weeks later....

No comments: